Based in the Dalgety Bay office, Derek Moodie is a member of our project team and is responsible for delivering projects of varying size and complexity throughout Scotland and offshore.
Derek began his career in 1994 as a trainee telecommunications engineer, becoming a fully-qualified engineer in 1998. In 2001, he was promoted to the role of senior telecommunications engineer, a role he held for six years.
Keen to develop his skills, in 2007 Derek downed tools and took the leap into the office as a project manager, which has been his main role since. With over 20 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry, Derek is well placed to understand and manage the needs of our clients.
As project coordinator, Derek is responsible for directing, organising, and controlling project activities. His experience in design, implementation and maintenance prove invaluable as we continue to grow and develop our business. Troubleshooting and support come as second nature to Derek, meaning fewer and less frequent connectivity issues for our clients’ networks.
Derek’s role is varied and he is responsible for delivering projects on time and budget. Alongside this he provides direction, training and mentoring to staff to ensure high levels of productivity, quality and customer service are maintained.
Some of Derek’s responsibilities include:
• Attending client meetings and assisting with project requirements;
• Assisting the Operations Management in drafting and issuing project proposals, RFPs, tenders, budgets, cash flow, and preliminary schedules;
• Preparing project organisation and communication charts;
• Attending site meetings and distributing information to all project team members;
• Tracking the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines.